About four or five years ago, I started a five-subject notebook of Positive Aspects, recording things I have learned to appreciate, love, things I’ve learned and I did this in five areas. Then I lost the book. Today, I found it again, and it was fascinating to read some of the entries. So, I thought it might be fun to share just a few of them with you.
In the section titled, My Life, I made a list of things that I’ve learned or am learning. Here’s a sampling:
- I’ve expanded my capacity.
- I’ve learned that it’s okay to focus on what I want instead of what others want for me.
- I can find joy every day.
- It’s OK to say NO.
- It’s OK to let go of things.
- I am learning to be OK with me as I am.
- I’m learning to share without the word should.
I had a list of notes of appreciation about my late wife, Nancy:
- What attracted me to Nancy the evening we met, even before we actually met, is the same thing that attracts me today: Her eyes and her smile. When she smiles, it just lights up her face and she is adorable and beautiful and exciting.
- Nancy is one of the most intelligent people I know. She has great ideas and can see a plan in detail.
- Nancy is a very good conversationalist. I hear her on the phone with people, asking questions and getting them to talk. There is an art to doing that effectively.
It is great to make lists of appreciation about others, and it is equally, if not more important, to make lists of appreciation of things about ourselves. It’s probably something we normally wouldn’t do, but we must. So I started a list about myself:
- I have the courage to try things; to step out and do. I decided to do a number of things and just did them. Some examples are that I decided that I could learn to write a song and did so, and have done so for a long time. I decided to learn to play guitar and bass, learn to fly an airplane, become a sales manager, write a book, own a business, go to Hawaii, learn to operate a computer, seek joy.
- I love looking at how things are made, especially buildings. I have a large appreciation of architecture and design.
- I love learning and I am open to learning from anyone that can teach me.
- I love teaching what I know and what I want to know well. I think I am very good at this.
- I love to write and speak my thoughts on paper. Writing the CTS Blog every day is a joy to me.
- I love my hair.
- I love being tall.
- I love feeling so much younger than I am in years.
- I think I have a great way of looking at things, especially globally.
You know, I think if you try this, you will also find your book of Positive Aspects to be a powerful tool in the expansion of your love and joy. Add to it daily and celebrate your life, your unique perspective, and the lives of those around you.
Move To The Best State: The State Of Appreciation!
Spread Some Joy Today–because you just can’t help yourself. . .