Have you ever been with a multi-tasker who pays attention to everything and nothing at the same time? They are there physically, but not mentally or spiritually. You’re talking with them and they allow interruptions, or they take phone calls as if their life is so busy and so dang important.
I hope you’re not that person, but just in case, here are some suggestions:
- If you have a meeting with one or many, leave the cell phone in your car.
- Focus on who is in front of you.
- Listen with both ears.
- Stop thinking about what you’re going to say next. There will be plenty of time for you to pause to reflect and then answer. Besides, your pause to reflect shows that you were paying attention to what they said.
- If the meeting is in your office, close the door and turn off the phone, or ask to not be disturbed.
- Find things to appreciate about the person or persons in front of you.
- Enjoy the moment and communication.
It’s simple respect and yet so profound when given: The gift of attention.
It Costs Nothing But Means A Lot.
Spread Some Joy Today–by simply enjoying yourself today. You don’t have to tell anyone. They will know.